The management of the State Property and Funds while Information Systems Building for the Ministry of Defence Read full summary in English
The aim of the audit was to examine management during process of extension and modernization of the current information systems and at building of new information systems for the needs of the Ministry of Defence or the Army of the Czech Republic. Operating of information systems is inseparably linked with the communication infrastructure, thus the technological shift to ICT was reviewed also in this connection. The stationary ICT systems are determined to support management of the Ministry of Defence in period of peace. They are also supposed as a tool of crisis management. The auditing operation covered the period 2003 – 2004 at the Ministry of Defence. The auditing operation was managed by Mr. Ladislav Zeman, Member of the SAO.
- IS built before modernization of adequate communication structure
- The information systems are further based on closed applications.
- Disproportion between benefits expected from the IS and real possibilities given by the existing infrastructure.
- When any change is necessary it requires costly demanding action done by providers.
- Changes on the Ministry of Defence and acquisition process inflexibility caused delay of the planned dates of commencement and realization of strategically important projects in the whole area of ICT systems.
- The deadlines for reaching of an expected level of the Czech Army’s operational abilities are thus jeopardized and there it exists a risk of increasing expenses.