Preparations and realization of the State A-levels Read full summary in English
The aim of the audit was to scrutinise the utilisation of the state budget and EU budget funds that had been spent on preparing and implementing the State A-levels examinations. The auditing operation was performed from May to November 2011. The audited period extended from January 1, 2005, to June 30, 2011; where relevant, the data from the previous period and the period until the end of the auditing operation were also scrutinized. Among the audited bodies were the Ministry of Education, the Education Result Survey Centre, and the National Institute for Further Education. The auditing operation was included into 2011 Audit Plan of the SAO under No. 11/08. Zdeňka Profeldová, Member of the SAO Board, managed the operation and prepared the audit conclusion as well.
- The Ministry defined the strategic objectives for introducing the State A-levels examination, but did not elaborate these objectives further and set no criteria or indicators, with definitions of specific terms, for assessing achievement of the objectives.
- The implementation of the state school-leaving examination in the academic year 2010/2011 did not achieve these strategic objectives.
- The audit revealed that with some optional subjects, the preparations of A-levels resulted in large costs but nobody actually took the tests.
- Owing to the pre-set logistic model, some parts of the fabricated testing documentation have not been used.
- As there was no optional logistic model, it was not possible to assess the suitability of the chosen solution.
- The SAO scrutinized the entry proceedings of the Education Result Survey Centre and the National Institute for Further Education and revealed, that contracting authority did not fully obey the duty of transparency and equal treatment as well as the discrimination ban.
- violations of Article 6 (§ 6) of the Public Procurement Act
- The central managing and supervision system was procured for CZK 360 million only for four academic years.
- After the academic year 2013/2014 it will be necessary to cover the costs of the software uninstallation and data deletion as the hardware will be returned. For the following period, the logistic provision of the State A-levels examination will claim additional costs, wasted resources