Audit on the operation of the “Ministry of Finance” Central Budget Chapter Read full summary in English
The audit was carried out on the "Ministry of Finance" central budget chapter and covered the period of 2003-2008. One of the audited activities of the Ministry were the IT systems and their development and the role of the Hungarian State Treasury within the IT framework of public finances.
- Old and outdated IT systems lack standarization in terms of technology, data content and operation attributes.
- Expenses between the individual tasks of the BMS project were not substantiated by background calculation and data.
- Project confined to the central budget area.
- Ambiguous division of powers and resources between the concerned institutions under the Ministry.
- Lack of necessary legal base amendments, exact definition of duties, responsibilities and powers and regrouping of staff.
- Hampered cooperation between the National Customs Authority and the national tax authority.
- Failure in standardization of the data exchange as regards the structure and format of computer files and the data transmission technology.